Guelph Sports Hall of Fame nominations
Classification of inductees
There are five classes of induction into the Guelph Sports Hall of Fame:
Eligibility for election
- Nominees who by outstanding achievement have attained prominence in any field of sport or who have made a major contribution to the development and advancement of sports in Guelph are eligible for election to the Guelph Sports Hall of Fame.
- Athlete candidates must have concluded their careers as active players for a minimum of 5 years before their election, except where, by reason of outstanding prominence and skill upon the request by the Selection Committee, made in advance, the Board of Governors may reduce such waiting period.
- Officials and team candidates can be active or inactive at selection time.
- Nomination made on official nomination form and submitted to the Selection Committee Secretary by the annual deadline will be considered for election by the Selection Committee. Nominations received after the deadline will be held on file for consideration the following year.
- Candidates for election shall be chosen on the basis of playing ability, sportsmanship, character, their contribution to their particular sport, the honour brought to Guelph and to sports generally.
- Nomination forms of nominees not elected to the Hall will after being considered will be held on file and re-considered for a minimum of five consecutive years, at that time they may be placed in an inactive file at the discretion of the Selection Committee